Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Every baby should be celebrated!

Hello Sweetheart,

Mommy is still trying to get rid of the jet lag. I was so tired yesterday that I fell asleep even before it's your brother's bedtime. I was so tired I couldn't do anything in the evening. And now, it's 5:30 a.m. and I just finished showering. I think my jet lag is getting a little better. On the other hand, I think your brother is fine. We were out yesterday to the playground and had some meatballs at Ikea. By the time we're done with lunch, it's already past 1 p.m., and we were supposed to do some shopping. However, I changed my plans and took your brother home for a nap. I wanted him to get back to his usual routine, as he has to go back to school tomorrow. He gotta nap in school!

Today is the big day of your brother's evaluation at the Autism Spectrum Clinic in San Francisco. Please, please watch over your big brother. I really think he's fine, maybe some minor obsession. But honestly, I really don't want him to go through any therapy at such a young age, even though I know it's best for him, IF he needs it. Of course if he needs it, I won't fight it. I just don't want that to happen, and I don't know how I am going to coordinate my time to do that as I will be going back to work next week. I think during our trip back to Asia, your brother really has matured. He is still a little monkey boy, but I could reason with him most of the time to get him out of a tantrum. He might not be as articulate as other 3.5 year olds, but you can't expect everyone to develop all their skills at the same place, right? I think your brother is very smart in other areas! Well, he's cut his addiction to the gameboy, laptop and ipod. Yay, right? But no, he's addicted to the Wii now. At least he's moving his arm when he's playing and not just sitting still right? haha..

Remember I told you about the rosary that Auntie Goretti gave me? Mommy was so silly that I didn't even notice the words she wrote behind the card until yesterday. This rosay is SO special! She made it herself and this is what she said, "I used the natural citrine because it is Logan's birthstone, Fresh water pearl is yours (Mommy), and the garnet crystal cross represents Aidan's birthstone. Hey, what a coincidence, my son's name is also Aidan. Too bad I don't know Hank's birthday, but you can tell me later then I'll make a birthstone charm to hook on the rosary". Wow! What a thoughtful gift!! Mommy is so touched!! Thank you so much!!!

Also, Mommy will be helping another Auntie and Uncle to plan games for their baby shower this weekend. Since I am not back to work yet, I've offered to help them. They needed help with games, so why not! It might be a big responsibility, but I'm up for the challenge. I have actually never hosted any baby shower and only attended two (mine included). All babies should be celebrated!! I was surprised to see that they are the ones throwing the shower, instead of their friends or relatives, as that's traditionally how it's done. But who cares, as long as the baby is celebrated and everyone has fun, it doesn't matter who threw it.

Thinking back, Mommy never had a baby shower for you, because you're the second child. Having another shower for a second child that close to your first, is sometimes considered greedy and asking for more gifts. Well, you still got lots of gifts from many uncles and aunties after your birth. But, Mommy should have had a shower or a little party for you, and tell guests not to bring any gifts. You never had any party. I waited for your Red Egg, thinking it's better to wait till you no longer needed that nasal cannula anymore, and wait till you're stronger. I was so wrong, I should have introduced to you everyone. Now the only party you've ever had was the lunch after your funeral mass. That is so wrong. I am sorry, honey. Mommy should be smarter about this. You deserve to be celebrated as much as your brother.

Well, Mommy gotta go. I'll tell you all about your brother's evaluation later. Pray for him, dear.


Love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Egg Mum said...

Hey EggEgg & I love going to the Ikea for the meatballs too! Free play, cheap food, a good way to spend an early Sunday morning.

I saw this on the web not too long ago: A Diaper Cake! http://unschoolme.blogspot.com/2009/06/diy-diaper-cake.html
Thought it might come in handy for your baby shower plans.

Cheers, Evelyn