Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

We're home and we can't sleep!

Hi Logan,

Mommy and big brother arrived home safe and sound. Aside from a couple poopy incidents that your big brother had (he always picked the right time to give Mommy headaches), the flight was uneventful, in a good way. This is mainly due to the nice technology we have these days, a touch-screen tv monitor at every seat! You know how much your big brother LOVES technology. That kept him happy for both flights watching and re-watching Spongebob Squarepants. Normally, I don't let him watch that show because I think he's still a little young for their 'violence'. But this time, I had no choice and luckily, this particular episode wasn't too bad. He actually slept nicely for 4.5 hours on the plane. Last time, I had him sleep like anyone, that is, sitting up straight. This time, I had him sleep like a kid should, to have him lie down and put his legs on me. He was semi-flat and semi-comfortable.

And you know what, of the 13 years I have left home and traveled back and forth Macau, I have never EVER once declared I had any food items. I don't know what got to me, but I actually told them I had some almond cookies in my luggage. I guess it was due to the fact that I was guilty in bringing stuff I shouldn't, and I was carrying food items with me (a dozen of egg tarts). So, I let them check my luggage and found my almond cookies (passed) but they also found my "chicken cakes" with meat in there (first time ever bought them), and my egg rolls with pork floss. Doh! Meat products, confiscated!! grr.... Luckily, I told them the food was only in one luggage and they didn't open the other ones. I really didn't know what got into me to be so honest!

We came home exhausted but were very happy to see Daddy. Mommy's cell phone battery died so I had to call Daddy after we came out. Luckily, Daddy was on his way and we live close to the airport. So, we didn't have to wait for long. I could see that your brother was getting really tired while waiting for dinner. I didn't want him to fall asleep while eating, so we gave him a bubble bath before dinner. Mommy and big brother both went to bed at 8 p.m. and he dozed off right away. We should have stayed awake for a little longer because we woke up at 1:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. It's 5 a.m. now and Mommy is online, while your big brother is standing next to me playing with my camera.

Hopefully, we both are able to stay awake for a little longer and maybe we can get your brother to come home to take a short afternoon nap, and reinstate his nap schedule.

We'll come see you later this morning. I'll see you real soon!


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: