Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

What to do with all the lychees?

Dear Logan,

There are 5 big boxes of freshly-picked lychees here. What should we do with them all?

Grandaunt and uncle #3 and Granduncle #2 got us all these boxes of lychees from China, and drove them all the way to Macau today, thinking I could bring them back to the States. But But But... I can't!! Not unless I smuggle them in. The US doesn't permit bringing fruits and veggies to the country, and I would have to obtain a permit to do so. I am thinking, I will try my very best to bring as much as I can to Taipei, where I would be having a 5-hour layover, and eat them there. It's really too bad I couldn't bring them back home, so that Daddy could try them as well. What if I bag them in layers, and layers, and layers of newspaper so that the dogs couldn't smell them? Do you think that would work?

So Grandaunt and uncle #3 came with their son, your uncle. Unfortunately, Granduncle #2 came all the way down with them, and then when they're about to go through Customs, he noticed he brought the wrong identification cards! Doh! He had to take the bus back to Guangzhou all by himself. He's the one that had the connection to give us the yummy lychees, too! I felt so bad.

Mommy also visited the cemetery today to see your Great Grandparents and Grandaunt (Ah Gung's parents and sister). I told them to take care of you when they see you in Heaven. I wish they have found you and keep your company.

Mommy had a hard time falling asleep last night. One of the reasons was because I was missing you so much, after playing with my friend's baby girl. Mommy couldn't help but cried a little. Uncle Carlos asked me today if I would have another baby. I told him I don't know yet and we'll have to see the blood test results. Another reason I couldn't sleep was the constant itchiness from bug bites. I have no idea what they are but they have been biting your brother for a while, and last night it was super itchy for me. We sprayed the room and, get all the blankets and pillows out to the sun today, so hopefully, I won't get bitten tonight.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. Last full day in Macau and I will try to cramp as much activities in the day as possible. I told your brother that we would be leaving Ah Gung, Ah Po, Uncle Carlos and Auntie Mena soon, and will take the airplanes back home to see Daddy. He remembered we took 2 airplanes last time and was able to repeat what I said. I am not sure how he would feel this time around. Last time we left, he was too young to miss any of them. I remember he was holding Ah Gung and Ah Po especially tight at the airport, but didn't cry or anything. And then when Ah Gung and Ah Po left us back in February, he didn't cry either. This time around, we have spent a lot of time here, and he has had a lot of fun. I am not sure how he would feel once we're on the plane and it's just the two of us. Maybe he'll be fine, maybe not. However, one thing for sure is, if I give him his Gameboy, he will sit quietly on the plane.

It's getting late again. Time to get some sleep as a long day is ahead of me.


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: