Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

What's up with our children?

Hi Logan,


I couldn't help but think and read about Edwards Syndrome. It's just as bad as Leigh's Disease. Mommy is so sad to hear about the news. At least if Mommy's friend's baby has Down Syndrome, the survival rate is a lot higher. But with Edwards Syndrome, the survival rate is close to none. I am not sure what my friend would do. Will she abort the baby? Will she try her luck and keep it as long as possible? I don't know, and there is no right or wrong answer.

I heard about the baby's news through another friend. I don't think my friend knows that I knew about it. I do not dare contacting her. This is very personal business, and if she doesn't share, I don't want to embarrass her or bother her during such a difficult time. I have thought of e-mailing her to tell her that I understand how she feels, and will be here for her if she ever wants to talk. But remembering the days after your diagnosis, I didn't feel like talking to anyone, though I have made my blog public, so friends and family knew about it. I have received numerous emails and phone calls, and I was grateful for them. However, I didn't want to talk to anyone. I fear I would cry, and I really didn't know what to say. Writing was much better for me. I know my friend finds solace and guidance from reading the Bible. I wish God will give her and her family all the strength that they need during this difficult time. Logan, if this little baby does make its way to heaven, be sure to keep him/her company.

Another of my friend's toddler is fighting a rare form of cancer. Thank goodness he is responding well to treatments!! But what's up with all these rare forms of illnesses? Shouldn't parents just worry about colds and flus, fevers and stomach aches? We shouldn't be worrying about cancers, chromosomal disorders or genetic diseases.

Logan, since you're closer to God than I am, please ask him to give all of my friends and their families, especially their children, the strength to deal with all the obstacles that they are facing.

Will you pray with Mommy, The Serenity Prayer?

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.


Love you,

Mommy


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your prayer. Let's pray that the result comes out negative.

JCS in SATX said...

Thank you for your prayer Virginia. We think of you often and pray for you too!